Torghallen – Award winning modular design by AJA Architects of Sweden
Designed especially for PrefabAUS members and taking place from 5 to 13 May 2017, the tour will showcase Sweden’s manufacturing base in panelised building components. “Sweden is the leading exponent of panelised building systems, with around 80% of its housing being factory-built. This study tour program has been designed to showcase panel systems for detached and apartment (mid-rise) construction and features unparalleled access to factories, projects and industry experts (presentations and technical discussions),” a statement from PrefabAUS confirmed. “The building elements typically prefabricated with timber fame structures in Sweden include wall panels (both open and closed), floor and roof cassettes and trusses. Study tour delegates will experience a selection of Swedish prefabricated housing manufacturers from manually produced elements using ‘butterfly tables’ with very low capital investment through to highly automated high volume production lines.” ■
Depart Australia evening of Friday 5 May Arriving back in Australia the evening of Saturday 13 May
Cost of $5,000 (approx) includes:
• Return economy air flights (Australian capital cities to Copenhagen via Dubai on Qantas/Emirates).
• Hotel accommodation including breakfast in Copenhagen, Denmark (Saturday night).
• Hotel accommodation including breakfast in Falkenberg, Sweden (5 nights).
• Train from Copenhagen to Falkenberg and return.
• Ground transfers to/from hotels.
• Welcome dinner (Sunday) and closing dinner (Thursday).
• Group bus transport for the factory and project visits.
• Excluded are other meals, travel insurance and incidentals.